I have Asperger’s Syndrome, a form of autism, sometimes called High Functioning Autism, since folks with it have normal to above average intelligence, but are impaired in other ways typical of the autism spectrum.
Here’s some posts I’ve written about coming to realize this, and reflections on my life seen through the eyes of autism:
- A Secret Revealed (posted Thursday, 6/3/10)
- How it Affects Me, part 1 (posted Thursday, 6/3, after A Secret Revealed)
- How it Affects Me, part 1.5 (posted Thursday, 6/3, very very late)
- On Tests & Scores (posted Friday, 6/4)
- On the Aspie Tests and Quizes
- “Love Child”, “Bastard”, & Asperger’s (posted Sunday, 6/13/10)
- Little White Lies
- That Primal Urge, Neanderthals, and Spirits
- Wolfdreams: Message In A Bottle
- Finally, A Place To Call Home
And this list will keep growing, as I delve into my life and tear it to shreds. Figuratively speaking.
For more information on Asperger’s. I find these sites helpful:
- At WebMD (excellent article that covers what appears at what age)
- GRASP: Learn About AS
- Straight Talk About Asperger’s (this one can be somewhat painful, if very enlightening, to read, to help you understand what I went through as a child/teen trying to fit in… and the bullying I experienced in school)
- Asperger’s Syndrome Characteristics (a really really long list)
- The Asperger FAQ at TEAAM
- The Geek Syndrome at Wired (also includes a short (50 question) test)
This page has the following sub pages.